Monday, August 6, 2012

Pebble Idea

Alright, so this morning I took Jake to work since his bike is broken, and then I went home and started my workout. We bought me some new workout attire and I was feeling really awake for 5:00 a.m. surprisingly. I started with my typical routine, yoga and strength on the Wii Fit. This morning: half-moon pose, warrior pose, tree pose, and chair pose, then some leg extensions and squats.

After that I turned on my Netflix and watched Biggest Loser. I like to watch that while I work out so I get motivation and I pretend that when Jillian or Bob is telling a contestant to work harder, they're actually telling me to work harder. It's getting to the point though that the people are starting to weight less than I do, which can be discouraging since they started out worse than I did. The difference is that they get to spend all day every day working towards their goal, and I have to go to work and keep my life in order.

I also sorted my pebbles I bought at D.I. last week. I saw this thing on Pinterest where they used the pebbles to visualize how much weight they had left to lose. So counted out 60 large pebbles and 10 small ones. The large pebbles are pounds and the small ones are tenths of a pound. so when I lose weight I'll transfer from one jar to another and exchange ten small pebbles for one big one. (That means since my goal is 150, I started the pebbles at 211 so I could already put some in the "lost" jar.)

I want to make mine as cute as the one on her blog, but I only had a pickle jar this morning. I'll need to find a matching pair and then make the cute letters. I'll probably just cut them out with paper and glue a label on, vinyl seems like too much work for this. I'll post pictures when I get it all done, and then post pictures as my progress continues.

I really should take a before picture, maybe there's been one of me at a camp this summer or something I can use. I suppose if I lose as much weight as I want to, any picture of me taken since 2006, and therefore over 160 lbs, will be a before picture.

This morning I weighed in at 203.7 which is moving in the right direction. It seems to be going really slowly, but I suppose that when you weight yourself every day, and lose 0.7 lbs a day it's hard to see the progress. But over a week that's 4.9 lbs lost which is fantastic. That means the pebbles should help me see how I'm doing over a period of time. It will also give me the satisfaction of a physical action to reward me when I lose weight.

2 comments:

  1. Have you read Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli? Because that's what the pebbles thing reminded me of! Good luck with everything! :)
    -Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book! I hadn't thought of that, but it is a lot like that, but hopefully I won't be sad when the one bowl empties!

    ReplyDelete