Monday, August 19, 2013

The Starting Line! (again!)

Well today is the first day of my program. I'm pretty excited about it (see previous post for information). I splurged  quite a bit this last week, so I gained three pounds, but I was just trying to get a few specific meals in before I couldn't eat them anymore. So I start off at 188.1 and hopefully in about a month I'll be 178; that's the plan anyways. This morning I don't feel super great, but mostly because I stayed up pretty late reading my book and the cat is really bothering my allergies lately. So I guess it's a low point, but that means it'll only go up from there.

I think the hardest thing is going to be drinking the amount of water I'm supposed to. The guideline is half of your body weight in ounces of water. So since I'm 188 I should drink at least 94 oz. of water. The program suggests 100 to start out, which should also help with the hunger since I'll be all full of water. For those of you that know me well, usually 16 oz of water is about the top of my usual consumption. I'm going to miss drinking milk, I love that stuff! I'm usually not to crazy about the taste, or lack thereof, of water, but I'm just going to have to get used to it. It's probably one of those things that I've never done and it's partially how I've gotten to my weight. My poor digestive track has probably never gotten the water it needs to run properly. So hopefully just drinking that amount of water will make a big difference with everything, even before you factor in all the good nutrients I'll get from the food.

So I'll keep posting about stuff along the way, 150 here we come!
Here are my before pictures. could I look anymore depressing? haha




No comments:

Post a Comment