Friday, October 26, 2012

Progress, finally!

Okay so I've finally made some progress! Since the last time I posted, I'm down to 194.9 lbs. Hurrah! Below 200 and over 5 lbs lost in the last month! (that was the goal I set in my Wii fit, so I got little stars when I weighed in tonight and completed my goal)

Here's how my pebbles are looking:
Pretty exciting right? I mean, yeah, there is still a lot of pebbles in the right bowl, but the little pile in the "lost" bowl is getting bigger!

There are downsides, however. Metformin is still the death of me. I hate that crap. I still haven't heard from my doctor about the results of my blood test, so I need to call again. I'm wondering if my fasting blood sugar levels will reveal some more clues to the answers. Also the cold weather is making it more obvious that my thyroid is too low. I've started to take partial pills to up my dosage like he told me to at my appointment, but I wish I knew how low I was so that I could maybe increase it more quickly than a fourth of a pill at a time. Jake has a hard time getting my feet and hands to even warm up, let alone stay warm.

The other problem, is that my medication has all but removed my appetite. I joked the other day that my drugs are giving me a eating disorder. I totally feel like I'm anorexic sometimes and don't want to eat. It comes and goes, but I don't want to be messing up my internal organs, so I'm careful to make sure that I'm taking enough calories in, even when I don't feel like eating. Some foods, like Chinese, I haven't been able to eat since I've gone on my meds, they just sound disgusting, which is sad because I miss going to Panda, and I love making my own fried rice.

I also have noticed that I've been very emotional and a little erratic. This might be partially due to the fact that I either am exhausted and spend the whole day dozing off in my classes, or I'm an insomniac and am jittery all day like a drugie going through withdrawals. I think I know what it is like to have Bipolar disorder because I have stages of mania and times where I just need to cry. Jake has been a real trouper to deal with all this. Now I don't want you to think I'm a complete mental nut case all the time, I'm mostly my usual self, but I have episodes where I feel a little out of control.

Hopefully the weight loss will continue and then eventually I'll be able to stop taking all of these medications that do weird things to me and everything will be hunky-dory.

No comments:

Post a Comment